Romanesque-oxival style church, built between the twelfth and fourteenth centuries. It was located outside the ancient walls of the city, hence its name.

The facade was modified in 1880. It has three façades. The main portico is conserved, which is the primitive one. The rose window is oxival, from the XIVth century and the tower of the fields, from the XVth century, belongs to the dexenerated ocival. In the atrium there is a cross from the end of the 15th century. It has medieval tombs in the naves and interesting polychrome stone images with the annunciation. The altar is of embossed silver.

Also known by the name of Santa María do Mar, for being the ancient church of the seafarers’ guild. For a long time the custom was maintained among sailors and navigators to make their first visit to this church, when they returned from the sea, as a sign of gratitude for arriving happily to the port.

In 1441 it receives the category of colexiata from the archbishop of Compostela Don Lope de Mendoza.

Declared Ben de Interese Cultural since 1931.