The Monastery of S. Pedro de Pedroso, a monastic complex almost a thousand years old, was probably founded at the beginning of the 11th century, since the first documentary reference dates back to 1046, by Ederonito Alvites and his wife D. Transtina Pinianiz in accordance with peninsular monastic observances. It resisted adopting the Rule of St. Benedict and the norms of Cluny, but ended up joining in 1115-1120.
With the reform of the religious orders in the 16th century, it was integrated into the College of Jesus in Coimbra, more precisely in 1560.
In 1759, the property was divided up: the monastery church remained the parish parish church and the rest of the property was annexed to the Coimbra University Treasury, which sold it to private individuals in 1803.
In 1929, work was carried out to enlarge the church by distancing the walls, building a tower at a south-west angle and advancing the boundary wall, as well as on the convent house to adapt it for housing, farming and horse breeding. It is classified as a Monument of Public Interest.